MUST ACTIVATE WITHIN 15 DAYS OF PURCHASE
Your EWAVE is a high-performance product and should be handled accordingly. Proper handling and care must be taken to ensure EWAVE’s intended performance.
Inexperienced and untrained riders should only use EWAVE products under properly trained supervision.
Authorized distributors provide a Standard Limited Warranty for 12 months from the date of purchase for new products. Please contact your local distributor for warranty arrangements in your territory. You must visit the warranty activation tab at EWAVESURF.COM to activate your warranty within 15 days of your purchase from an authorized distributor/service center.
You may locate authorized distributors and/or service centers by visiting EWAVESURF.COM
Distributors ONLY warrant EWAVE products purchased from an authorized dealer and with an original purchase receipt.
All warranties are limited to a single original owner on the purchase of new and current products from an authorized reseller.
Closeouts, Discontinued and Secondary sales of any kind including “like new” or “out of box” products are not eligible for warranty consideration.
This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights may vary from place to place. Ask your Local Distributor for the warranty period in your region by calling their service center.
Any part of the product supplied by the distributor and found in the reasonable judgment of the distributor to be defective in material or workmanship will be replaced then returned by the distributor without charging for parts and repair costs. However, some shipping costs may apply. The product, including any defective part, must be sent to the distributor within the warranty period.
The customer will pay for the expense of delivering the product to the Distributor or authorized service center.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations.
Conditions may exist outside of EWAVE’s control, which may exclude or limit the scope of the warranty statement.
The following are NOT covered under the EWAVE Limited Warranty:
- normal maintenance components and materials required under the EWAVE Limited Warranty;
- normal wear-and-tear of any component, motor, or the surfboard;
- damages caused by defects in materials, components, or parts not supplied by EWAVE;
- damages or needed adjustments caused by items that are added, altered or changed after the board leaves the possession of EWAVE, as well as any modification, alteration, unauthorized repair or replacement of components, motor or surfboard after the retail owner takes possession of same;
- damages caused by accident (including impacts and collisions with any object), neglect, negligence, mishandling, abuse or misuse, or alteration, including any damages caused during transportation of the EWAVE motorized surfboard;
- loss or damage, for any reason, that is caused by accidental release and sinking of the unit;
- damage caused from flooding an O-ring sealed or water-tight area;
- damages caused by heat, fire, explosion, or freezing (including the failure to perform proper winterization or preparations for storage;
- damages caused by exposure to excessive temperature, extended sunlight, material interactions, deteriorating chemicals or fumes
- damages resulting from vandalism, theft, loss, abuse or tampering and lack of maintenance– damages caused by lightning, hail, rain, flooding, wind, sand, floods or other environmental or natural conditions or Acts of God;
- damages caused by cleaning products not specifically approved by EWAVE;
- damages due to insufficient or improper maintenance;
- conditions resulting from the use of the board for anything other than recreational purposes
- any material, component or part of the board that has a warranty period and/or conditions as specified by the producing entity which differs from the general EWAVE™ warranty statement
- damage or injury resulting from failure to comply with recall notices or requests from EWAVE to repair the board or its components;
- parts replacement performed by someone other than the official Distributor Service Center or to any product that has been altered or modified so as to change its intended use;
- failure to properly maintain and care for the board and its components in accordance with the instructions found within this Owner’s Manual;
This warranty does not cover items that experience normal wear and tear.
No one, including dealers, agents, distributors or suppliers are authorized to create a warranty or, in any manner, increase or modify the scope of this EWAVE Limited Warranty in any manner whatsoever. This EWAVE Limited Warranty requires, where allowed by law, the timely activation and registration of EWAVE products.
The warranty statement exists between the original retailer and EWAVE. No rights are transferred to any third party. Within the specified, stated warranty period and under all circumstances, the entire liability of EWAVE is limited to, at its option, the repair or replacement of any defective component or affected portion of the motorized surfboard, or the actual price paid for the motorized surfboard. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, so the above statement may not apply.
This warranty does not include the battery.
Never replace the original EWAVE BATTERY with an AFTERMARKET BATTERY.
EWAVE with an aftermarket battery will not be covered by warranty.
EWAVE reserves the right to implement changes in construction or components at any time without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes on motorized surfboards previously built and/or sold.
Any matters regarding potential corrections as applicable under this EWAVE Limited Warranty should first be addressed with an authorized EWAVE dealer. While it is not a requirement to contact the original purchase dealer, EWAVE encourages consumers to do so. The first contact should be with the dealer’s Service Department. If satisfaction is not achieved, the consumer should then contact dealer management.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN THE DURATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD AND SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, ARE DISCLAIMED IN THEIR ENTIRETY AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE APPROPRIATE WARRANTY PERIOD. THE DISTRIBUTOR’S OBLIGATION UNDER THE WARRANTY IS STRICTLY AND EXCLUSIVELY LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE PARTS AND RETURN OF THE PRODUCT TO THE CUSTOMER. THE DISTRIBUTOR DOES NOT ASSUME OR AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO ASSUME FOR THEM ANY OTHER OBLIGATION. THE DISTRIBUTOR ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO EXPENSE OF RETURNING THE PRODUCT TO THE DISTRIBUTOR, LOSS OF USE OF PRODUCT AND LOSS OF TIME OR INCONVENIENCE.
SALTWATER USE – IMPORTANT
Saltwater environments are highly corrosive to watercraft such as EWAVE. EXTREME CARE must be utilized when using EWAVE in any saltwater environment. Extreme freshwater cleansing and storage procedures must be utilized after every saltwater use to keep and maintain your EWAVE warranty in effect.
A saltwater rinsing kit is provided with every new purchase and must be utilized after every use. If there is a warranty claim after any saltwater use and it is identified that proper saltwater cleansing procedures have not taken place, your warranty may become null and void at the discretion of EWAVE.
The battery lid has 4 strong latches. You MUST ENSURE that ALL 4 LATCHES are fully secured before every use. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL FLOOD THE INSIDE OF THE BOARD AND VOID YOUR EWAVE WARRANTY.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY POINTS
- This product is designed and intended for personal recreational use only!
- This product is not warranted for commercial or rental use!
- Repair work or delivery of a replacement does not extend or renew the warranty period.
- Warranty shall automatically be void if the damage is a result of non-original parts
- Freshwater cleaning after every saltwater use is a must to maintain any warranty coverage.
- Do not leave, keep, or store board (or battery) in any direct sunlight or high heat environment.
- Heat damage from improper storage is not covered under warranty.
- Store your Ewave gear and batteries in a cool dry environment.
- Never store your EWave board with battery cover completely sealed to prevent moisture buildup on inside components.
THE WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO:
- Normal operational wear and tear
- Damage caused by accidents
- Damage caused by JUMPING, misusing the product outside of its intended purposes and/or design
- Damage caused by non-original spare parts and accessories
- Damage caused by foreign objects, debris, sand, mud, dirt, or other objects or large particles from use in any excessively dirty waters
- Damage caused by improper use
EWAVE OWNER AGREEMENT
I agree NOT to undertake any of the following actions and understand that doing so will void and nullify the EWAVE Warranty.
I WILL NOT:
- Transport the EWAVE board with the battery inside over long distances.
- Attempt to stop running motor with any tools or part(s) of the human body.
- Interfere with the motor’s construction.
- Use a battery other than the one provided by the manufacturer to operate the motor.
- Use a charger other than what is specified by the manufacturer.
- Charge the battery while the motor is running.
- Charge the battery when to moto-key is installed and the LED on the control handle is ON.
- Charge the battery when the board is in the water.
- Allow water to enter the charging connector.
- Use the charger if the power cable is mechanically damaged.
- Attempt to start the motor while charging.
- Start the motor with water in the board.
- Ride or attempt to ride the EWAVE without appropriate safety equipment including helmet and life vest. The use of an arm or leg leash is compulsory and must be used at all times.
- Allow any third party or person to use the EWAVE without prior instruction and training in correct use, safety, and operational risks.
- Operate the EWAVE under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or suffering from any physical or mental incapacitation which may affect control of normal bodily functions.
- Use in shallow, rocky, or unfamiliar waters or without surveying and assessing waters for obstructions and obstacles prior to use.
- Use or operate EWAVE in low light conditions including before dawn or after dusk.